- Entries open: 1 October 2019
- Entry deadline: 25 November 2019 (5:00pm)
- Finalist announcement: 3 February 2020
- Finalists interviews: Mid February
- Awards night and Gala dinner: 24 March 2020
The Entry Process
Stage 1 - Complete the Entry Form
- Please read the ‘Category’ section on this website to get a sense of what is required for each entry. You can download a copy of the entry questions from this section as well.
- All entries must be submitted via the online entry platform. You must register an account before proceeding to the entry forms. Emailed entries will not be accepted.
- To enter the awards, the person or company entering must complete the full entry form for the category they are entering.
- Submit your entry by the deadline of 5:00pm, 25 November 2019. You will receive a confirmation email to confirm receipt.
- Nominations must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set out on the entry form, along with the relevant information detailed in the entry criteria and category descriptions at www.cfoawards.co.nz
- Additional information not forming part of the entry form should be clearly marked so as to indicate which portion of the entry form it supports.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries in different categories but may only submit one entry per individual category.
- A candidate may be nominated by a third party. Following submission of the nomination, the candidate will receive an email requiring them to confirm (a) their agreement to the Terms and Conditions; and (b) their agreement to their referees being contacted for verification purposes.
Stage 2 - Judging review and finalist selection
Judges review and score all entries individually. Judges then meet to review and moderate their scores and select the finalists.
Stage 3 - Judging Interviews
- All finalists will be invited to a face to face interview with the judges in mid-February in Auckland (alternative platforms will be used if finalists are unable to attend the interview in Auckland). Please ensure you have a representative of your entry available for the interview if you are chosen as a finalist.
- If you have entered a team category, we encourage you to bring up to 5 team members.
- Following the judging interviews the judges will contact references, deliberate and select the winners
- Awards Night and Gala Dinner: 24 March 2020, Cordis, Auckland
- All finalists are invited to attend the awards where the winners will be announced.
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible to enter the NZ CFO Awards, candidates:
- must be currently living in New Zealand and are either New Zealand citizens or permanent New Zealand residents.
- must not be judges or direct suppliers of the Awards.
- who were category winners in the 2019 NZ CFO Awards cannot enter the same category in the 2020 Awards.
Previous winners of the Emerging Financial Manager of the Year award are ineligible for nomination in this category again.
Employees of Conferenz Limited (“Conferenz”), sponsors and companies directly associated with these Awards are not eligible to enter or be nominated.
Nominations open on 1st October 2019 and close at 5.00pm, 25th November 2019
The judging panel and its representatives reserve the right to verify nominations in each category, for example by requesting further information or by contacting referees.
The winners of each category will be announced on 24 March 2020.
The judging panel reserves the right to make a special award that falls outside the prescribed categories, where, in the opinion of the judging panel, a candidate merits recognition not covered by the prescribed categories.
The judging panel reserves the right not to make an award in a category.
Information provided in entries (including any photo provided) may be made publicly available and may also feature in editorial coverage. Candidates may be contacted for editorial coverage by media and agree to participate in any interviews or other media coverage. Specified confidential information will not be used for editorial.
Category winners agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes relating to the Awards, including without limitation participation in the promotion of the Awards for the following year.
All decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Conferenz accepts no responsibility for late or incomplete entries.
The entry, judging and award process is managed by Conferenz.
For enquiries about eligibility or other questions relating to the Awards, please contact us via email at email@example.com